Monday 14 May 2012

Old building...

When thinking of my final outcome and putting it altogether in a story 1 problem occured and that is the connection between the old and new building. For me the connection is from the images of wear and tear that I took of the old building that influenced the foiling patterns, these patterns will be transformed onto transparent foils and made into spotlights. The patterns from the old building being used onto the transparent foils is obvious to me as the designer but not as clear to the viewers, this worries me slightly. However, what is obvious to any student and teacher in the building we are in now is that the lights we use and have here are very dull, plain and simple, they make the studio feel cold and not homely at all. I think my spotlights created from patterns from the old building and put into the new isn't going to be obvious but the connection is still there, I have also used wear and tear patterns from Hotspur, the old building and my house, all these patterns will feed into the patterns I create using foiling in my final proposal.






No comments:

Post a Comment