Wednesday 9 May 2012

Changing the spotlight shape??

Since my work from the very beginning had involoved lights and wear and tear patterns and textures this idea would seem fitting and apporopriate to be one of my final proposals. I said in my previous post that I wanted to change my previous shape of cuboids to something else as the cuboids stood off the wall too much, this shape I created now works so much better and has better structure on show creating detail. I stuck to using foiling on acetate as I think it works well for reflections with light, foilings can also create any pattern I want aswell as random patterns, the foiling colours are limited but the ones I've chosen to work with reflect light really well.
I took pictures of the piece in different layouts and in different lights and all the images work, this piece would definately work as spotlights increasing with the stairs. This piece would have valuable use to the new building as it adds decorative detail and has the function of providing light.




No comments:

Post a Comment