Saturday 5 May 2012

The Old Building...

This project has opened my eyes to the actual room that I work in, I never gave it much thought. So as this projects called Old/New school I decided to take a look around and take images of areas that were useful and areas that needed brightening up.
The 2 images above are some sample areas of the flooring that is my working building at the moment. Even though I like old wear floorings the bricked floor is old-fashioned but sturdy, however the images aboves shows the flooring that is in my main working room, it is hard-wearing, stain removeable and basic but so dull and boring. In an open room like this just changing the flooring would brighten and lighten up the whole room.
The image above shows the room on a daily basis, mostly without actual lessons the room is empty on the TIP side, I think this is because the room looks cold, empty and plain. It needs to look alive and vibrant to make it seem more welcoming to students.
The windows and the ledges are very basic and dark. Just be adding a coloured window would change the atmosphere in the room as it would be reflective and shine colour in the room brightening it up, the windows could just be a plain coloured window and it would make a lot of difference.
Now this is a room in the working area that I do like, it is like a private partition, it gives privacy and little areas of this in the new building would make it more approaching for students to work in.
The pillars in the old building are nice and plain but the pillars that are put in the new building are so much more better, they add architectural detail that is fitting in an art building, gives the rooms there placed in a unique look.

No comments:

Post a Comment