Friday 18 May 2012

My Visualisation...

Below is my visualisation that has been put forward for my proposal. This visualisation was done using my very basic skills on photoshop, I am pleased with the outcome and how the perception turned out.
My final proposal is a room that has a singular running line of my spotlights which are made out of wood and acetate that have foiled patterns on them that have been influenced by wear and tear images from the old building. The flooring that connections this altogether is a foiled glass foiling that will start off with the glass being fully foiled to it being worn down by the students in the new building, students essentially become the designers. Some of the foiled pattern will still be there after it has been worn down, just to keep the element of pattern and the connection with the foiled spotlights.
What I like most about my proposal has got to be the glass flooring, it is stunning and one of the most professional things I have thought up. The idea of worned floors was inspired by the Tiesta floor in Think Tank and also a photograph I took in Hotspur of a very worned down floor. Glass was the perfect solution to not ever having the floor wear down but the material on top could be worn away, this way the floor will always be intact.
What I dislike the most is the patterns I chose from the old building to use in the new. They don't really stand out as much as I had hoped but they do make a connection with the foiled flooring.
This idea would definately work as a studio for people to work, especially in the winter when it gets darker earlier as the spotlights would make that area more comfortable and more approackable and useable to students. I would definately use a space like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment