Sunday 6 May 2012

Layouts and moving forward...

I think this experiment works really well because of the light. I think the light makes the wear and tear patterns created from the foiling stand out amazingly. The wear and tear created by the foils are more visible with the light and makes the reflections and how the foils are worn obvious and with the 3-d shape more contained. This experiment was about bringing back my first theme of wear and tear before light and reflections took over.
However, even though I think this experiment does work in the light and dark, I don't know whether I'm content with the actual look of the individual cubes. As I've worked with the foils on surfaces that are flat I think it works better that way, rather than 3-d like this experiment. I do like how the foils work with acetate, the acetate isn't as clear as I had hoped, it blurs the vision abit. To get a clearer vision straight through I think glasss would work better, this is something I'm definately gonna experiment with. Using glass would work really well in the new building as windows or maybe even a floor??       







No comments:

Post a Comment