Sunday 6 May 2012

Cubes with Foiling, experimental...

This experiment was about bringing back a technique that I had previously used and applied it to a layout that I think so far is working. I have worked with foiling before on laminates and accetates mainly for flooring and flat work so using it as part of a 3 dimensional installation was very excitingto see the progress and the final outcome.

When doing foiling before I stuck to the conventional colours of bronze and gold, this time around I wanted to experiment and explore with different variations of coloured foilings. I especially like the fushia pink and the colbalt blue foilings, they worked really harmonious with each other and on their own they shine and reflect the light, there so vibrant.

I took a variety of photos, some in the light and some in the dark with LED lights in them. I like taking a range of photo's using lights and the darkness to see how my work would look in both situations, however, my darkness is actually pitch black with the lights I doubt this would happen in the new building. The photos taken in the dark with the lights look so much better than the photos taken in the light, the images taken in the dark with the lights add a certain quality to the foiled cubes, these images make this experiment look successful, more than the images took in the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment