Saturday 10 November 2012

Sample 8&9...


Date
Tuesday 30th October 2012
Fabric
White Bleached Cotton
Dye type
Reactive Dyes, mono-printing using Manutex with Foil print on top.
Colour Specifics
A mixture of reactive dyes hand painted onto my exposed screen using these particular colours: Orange Mx2R, Yellow MX-GR, Green MX 2B, Scarlet MXG and Blue MXG.
What worked?
As these were the failed Samples of 6 a&b I decided to use this as a background and work over the top to create the feeling of confusion and show the element of my family younger and older positioned next to each other. I used gold coloured foil.
What went wrong and could be improved?
Because of the stencil image I used and circled out, the detail on the faces were very limited, the gold foil did stand out because of the fact it was a reflective material. But because of the vibrant colours in the reactive dyes the foil got lost within the entire colour. 
Notes
I dislike this final piece because of this combination and how small the foil detail is.
Sample Number
Sample 8

Date
Tuesday 30th October 2012
Fabric
White Bleached Cotton
Dye type
Reactive Dyes, mono-printed using Manutex with flock printed over the top.
Colour Specifics
A mixture of reactive dyes hand painted onto my exposed screen using these particular colours: Orange Mx2R, Yellow MX-GR, Green MX 2B, Scarlet MXG and Blue MXG.
What worked?
Even though the techniques and images used were different, I expected to be disappointed like I was with the other sample, but my reaction was the opposite, I was really pleased with the results. I used Aubergine coloured flock which works well and stands out well with the other coloured image.
What went wrong and could be improved?
The techniques did surprisingly work well together, even though I did position the circles where I wanted, after looking at the finished sample now, the positioning could be better.
Notes
 
Sample Number
Sample 9

No comments:

Post a Comment