Saturday 10 November 2012

Sample 29&30...


Date
Sunday 4th November 2012
Fabric/Material
A4 thick white card and White Beached Cotton.
Dye type/Process
Reactive Manutex Dye with white acrylic splatters and drips.
Colour Specifics
Yellow MX8G, Turquoise MXG, Scarlett MXGand Blue MXG.
What worked?
The positions of how the separate prints were worked well on the most of them.
What went wrong and could be improved?
I watered down some of the white acrylic paint so that it was fluid enough to drip down the print, when it did drip down it took some of the coloured dyes with it staining the paint and print, I do not like this. I wanted the drips and splatters to be white because I would refer to this colour with the sign on confusion, like a blank screen.
Notes
Do not water down acrylic paint! Because the white acrylic paint I got had ran out I got the next white down from it and once it had dried, I found that it was thinner than how the other one turned out and it had a shine to it.
Sample Number

Sample 29 and 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment