Thursday 8 November 2012

Sample 2...


Date
 
23rd October 2012
Fabric
White Bleached Cotton
Dye type
Reactive Dye
Colour Specifics
Black MX Reactive Dyes  Manutex print
What worked?
Nothing worked! I wanted to experiment with blocking out certain areas of people’s faces to fit in with my project theme of Amnesia but too much was blocked out so nothing could be made out. Some interesting patterns have been created through using the hand painted print technique.
What went wrong and could be improved?
I used masking tape to block out certain areas so this material gave a straight cut edge, not blurry, which would be more fitting. If I were to try this again I would using smaller scale version of the masking tape to try to maintain a bit of the detail.
Notes
Experiment with a range of colours!
Sample Number
Experiment Number 2

No comments:

Post a Comment