Saturday 10 November 2012

Sample 7...


Date
 
29th October 2012
Fabric
Optic Cotton
Dye type
Reactive Dyes, mono-printing using Manutex
Colour Specifics
A mixture of reactive dyes hand painted onto my exposed screen using these particular colours: Orange Mx2R, Yellow MX-GR, Green MX 2B, Scarlet MXG and Blue MXG.
What worked?
I did 2 prints of these designs and this is the 2nd print. I did 3 hard squeegee pulls straight across my screen covering all the unexposed areas. The colours used were wonderfully bright and bold. This 2nd print turned out surprisingly better than the first ones because it was much cleaner cut and stencil like.  
What went wrong and could be improved?
 
Notes
I like how the reactive dyes when wet blend into one another, so I used 5 specific colours and ended up with a range of shades in colour.
Sample Number
Sample 7 a&b

No comments:

Post a Comment