Saturday 10 November 2012

Sample 12&14...


Date
Thursday 1st November 2012
Fabric
Optic White Cotton
Dye type
Reactive Manutex Dyes
Colour Specifics
Yellow Mx8G and Turquoise MXG
What worked?
I did a variety of prints that were completed with 2 different coloured images of a person in my family. I used an older image of that person and a younger one, using the reactive dyes meant that both images would be seen but not in this case.
What went wrong and could be improved?
Because I put the lighter colour down first for the younger image and the darker turquoise over the top for the older image, the younger image is slightly difficult to see. The Yellow Mx8G is bright that it takes away from the detail, it blends into the fabric.
Notes
Change the Yellow mix to a darker shade. I began doing these prints as a way of showing an Alzheimer’s persons confusion in remembering recent faces, compared to remembering a face from the past which is more familiar to them.
Sample Number
Sample 12- Hannah


Date
Thursday 1st November 2012
Fabric
White Bleached Cotton
Dye type
Reactive Manutex Dye
Colour Specifics
Red MX8B and Yellow MX8G and Blue MXG mixed together to make a light, leaf green.
What worked?
My little brothers prints have always worked out well, I think it might be the positions he was photographed in. The younger and older image contrasted each other because the angles of his head went the opposite ways, I think this became I positive in the end, both faces can be seen clearly.
What went wrong and could be improved?
 
Notes
People say ‘Red and Green, Never to be seen’, but this colour combination works really well together, better than any other colour combination so far. 
Sample Number
Sample 14-My little brother James

No comments:

Post a Comment