Saturday 10 November 2012

Sample 5...


Date
 
23rd October 2012
Fabric
Cotton Linen Slub
Dye type
Pigment Dye
Colour Specifics
2 drops of Scarlett YP and 2 drops of Blue RR but it were too dark so I added 2 more drops of Scarlett YP but then it turned the colour mix brown which I didn’t want, so then I added 2 drops of Red BB and a drop of white.
What worked?
I really like this print; I like the bold colour choice, the texture from the cotton slub as well as the print being perfectly detailed even with areas fading in adding extra detail and highlighting more areas and adding shadows making this print more realistic.
What went wrong and could be improved?
The area where my Dad was stood because of his suit a lot of that area is blocked out by colour, darkening the print a lot, this could be changed by altering the contrast.
Notes
 
Sample Number
Experiment 5

1 comment: