Saturday 10 November 2012

Flock/Sample 16, 17&18...


Date
Friday 2nd November 2012
Fabric/Paper
White A4 thick card
Dye type/Process
Flock
Colour Specifics
Grey flock.
What worked?
As this was a singular print of one image of my older sister when she was young, I did some marbling print on the background to give this sample some extra detail, the flock colour I used was a darker shade so it worked well together.
What went wrong and could be improved?
I tend to dislike this image of my older sister; it does not remind me of her. I wanted this project to have a personal connection with me and using this image, I do not get that feeling.
Notes
I like the element of how the marbling print is flat and the flock print brings a 3-dimensional element to it, a combination that I find works well.
Sample Number
Sample 16-My Older Sister Carla when she was young.

Date
Friday 2nd November 2012
Fabric
White Bleached Cotton and Scollata Cotton
Dye type/Process
Flock
Colour Specifics
Dark Brown Flock
What worked?
Using flock I feel like I am always guaranteed to get a block clear image of the stencil I have printed. Using a plain white background enhances the stencil and makes the flock print look better.
What went wrong and could be improved?
In some areas the flock fades, this does not matter when it comes to the print of James but it does bother me when it comes to the print of Hannah because it fades in areas that I want to be clear.
Notes
I need to remember that with these specific prints it doesn’t always matter whether the flock/foil or Aquaspand comes out prefect, some fading adds to my project as well as adding shading to the print.
Sample Number
Sample 17&18-My younger brother and sister.


No comments:

Post a Comment