Thursday 8 November 2012

Sample 1...


Date
 
23rd October 2012
Fabric
White Bleached Cotton
Dye type
Reactive Dye
Colour Specifics
Black MX reactive dye. Hand painted on, experimenting with the technique using Manutex.
What worked?
This experiment was about playing around with hand drawing onto the screen using reactive dyes and screen printing it using Manutex. This technique allows me to play around with pattern and colour depth, I like how this technique allows me to have darker areas.
What went wrong and could be improved?
The patterned areas just look stupid because it takes away the simple detail from the exposed print. Some areas turned out lighter than I had anticipated areas that should have been darker. My little brother’s face on this print is disappointing as I mustn’t have put dye there because his face detail isn’t visible.  
Notes
Would like to experiment with this technique more and pay more attention to the placing of the amount of colour and how placing the colour makes the print look more detailed in certain areas.
Sample Number
Sample Number 1

No comments:

Post a Comment