Thursday 8 November 2012

Sample 3...


Date
 
23rd October 2012
Fabric
Bleach White Cotton
Dye type
Reactive Dye
Colour Specifics
Scarlet MXG reactive dyes, printed using Manutex.
What worked?
The colour definitely worked for me. I decided to use a reddish colour because I wanted to show my families faces bleeding into one another. I hand painted the dye on so I put extra colour around each body so there was added depth which worked out well.
What went wrong and could be improved?
Even though I am pleased with this print, I think this print could have been bolder, brighter and more powerful through its choice of colour. There is colour fading in certain areas which means this print has lost out on important detail in some of my families’ faces which is disappointing.
Notes
If I was to repeat this process again in the exact same way I would add extra dye to the faces to control and contain the smaller detail in the faces.
Sample Number
Experiment 3

No comments:

Post a Comment