Sunday 11 November 2012

Proposal 1...

I put this selection of images together, they was not made for a set and therefore they do not fit together, this aspect makes this set work, it was not planned. These images are the photographs of my family most recently, I have been using these images in contrast with younger ones but decided after much experimentation to bring it back to basics and use/display what most simply works. All of these prints were printed onto different cotton fabrics using the Reactive Manutex Dye process. The first and third image from the left using Black MX dye has worked by far the best, I think this is because the Black dye stands and remains strong and the faces are clear. Washing some of these samples turned out horribly, I did wash them correctly but most of the samples printed onto fine Bleached White Cotton whilst drying kept constantly running and staining the rest of the fabric, I repeated the washing process to no end and some of my samples even became useless because the faces were too damaged. As can be seen in 3 images of the 6 below, there is damage but in these cases I think it works, it gave my work extra detail, a glow around the face but this is not something I would take further. If I was to actually use this design in a waiting room, I would make sure that each image was clear and clean and had no dye damage. I would maybe even reconsider the colour choices as this works as a sample but maybe not as a displayed piece. I would want all of the images to be in black to show a strong and clear family connection between all of the prints.


No comments:

Post a Comment