Sunday 24 February 2013

Tigerprint: Research...

 
Out of my 2 chosen live briefs, this Tigerprint project is the shortest. I have a little less than 3 weeks before the deadline hits. I am going to treat this competition with a fast moving approach that focuses and develops from my primary research that I am going to do.

                The Tigerprint competition is asking for at the most 5 ‘show stopping collection of surface print’ that is focused and inspired by my primary research on the 2013 Spring/Summer Trends. They are also asking for a Trend Board that will demonstrate my research and how I got to my final designs. The main point they are trying to get across is that this competition is all aimed towards colour and that should remain the number one focus.

As I know very little about fashion and what people consider fashionable, I began researching straight away using the internet as well as some recommended magazines. After researching through, there are a lot of trends that are in fashion and will be in fashion for 2013 Spring/Summer. From looking through magazines such as Elle and Vogue, the clothes being put into fashion collections for 2013 Spring/Summer are expensive as well as connected; all of the designers have connections with other designers work through the use of similar trends such as checks, stripes, floral, graphic, oriental, pattern and even more themes. There can be so much in fashion at one time that it seems unreal for someone to be considered out of fashion. From my research, the expected trends for Spring/Summer 2013 vary from pattern to oriental pattern, to cropped clothing to baggy clothing, to pastel colours to neon colours and to busy floral to minimalistic. In some ways from what is seen as fashionable at that time can be complete opposites like the examples above.


No comments:

Post a Comment