Sunday 24 February 2013

Evaluation...


As this project is the smaller one out of the 2 in this Locating Unit, I did not spend as much time on this project so I feel disappointed with most of what was produced. I think that given more time, my ideas would have developed and been a whole lot better. Given the time scale that I had, I used the first week researching and gathering my thought and ideas on where the research would take me and what I wanted my designs to be inspired by.

                After all of my research the Spring/Summer 2013 trends were broad, a lot of trends were expected to be in fashion that summer. Finding what specifically my designs will be inspired by was a hard choice as there was a lot to choose from. I decided to have 2 themes that were opposites and bring them together, these were: architecture and floral. It was about bring structure from the architecture which are man-made and the floral elements of flowers that are natural. However, narrowing down to these specific themes limited my ideas and what was developed.

                This live project gave me the time to experiment with my drawing. All of the floral elements were drawn from primary photographs of flowers from gardens; the patterns were also created by hand. The patterns were created by layering up different pastel coloured card in different ways and seeing the outcome. The floral elements and patterns were scanned through together creating all of the designs. If I was to do this again, I would experiment with some designs on Photoshop. I did this project before I learnt the basic skills so everything was done by hand, limiting what could be created. I would also create many more patterns and floral elements, the more I had to choose from would of benefitted the design outcomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment