Saturday 23 February 2013

New floral motifs...


After leaving this project to start my Tiger print one, I came back and thought of it as an opportunity to re-look over my work with fresh eyes to see how my project can be developed and what can be left behind. I do like some of my designs so far but I think there structure and elements in them could be developed into something a lot better.



Because all of the previous designs were a collection of motifs placed together, I decided to simplify the amount of motifs used and focus on creating different and individual motifs found from the Bradford piece. I went back to the original Bradford piece and started to select other un-used elements and draw them out in a simple linear form. Even though they lack character or any form of detail, I think these motifs with some work could be the final ones I use.

No comments:

Post a Comment