Thursday 21 February 2013

Summary of my first Tutorial...


Summary of my first Tutorial

After the Christmas holidays, I came back into University confident that I had done a sufficient amount of work during the break. Most of the previous work was done over the break and it was time consumed. Once I had shown Teresa my work and explained what I wanted to do next, she then gave me a couple more starting points to further it on, she suggested:

·         I give some of my floral designs a more contemporary look,

·         use some of the more complex elements of the original design to expand drawing ideas,

·         Hold the essence of the design but make it my own by changing scale.

·         In addition, to find alternative substitutes for elements I want to change. 

After thinking about what Teresa had suggested I decided I wanted to look at different alternatives for flowers and the leaves. I think I will start with the leaves for alternatives because in the original design, the leaves are what are mostly flat and unrealistic to a fault. I will then repeat this process with the flowers. I also want to do a lot more drawings to capture the elements I want to keep and discard the elements I do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment