Thursday 21 February 2013

Gold Leaf and Stem Experiments...


Gold Leaves Experiment

As I have wanted to change the image of the leaves that will be in my floral pattern, I decided to go out and buy gold skeleton leaves to explore with and come up with a better alternative than the leaves given. The leaves that I want to be used have to have a more realistic appearance with shape to them. For this to happen, I decide to make the shapes I wanted myself by attaching metal wiring to the back of each leaf and bending them to the specific shapes I was after. Using a hot glue gun and hard to bend metal wiring was fiddly but the leaves paid off, as they formed to how I wanted them.

 
Even though these leaves worked individually, I wanted to create a branch stem that held some of these leaves and what better to use than an actual stick from my garden. I took some of the leaves and attached them to the real stick to create a natural looking branch. I then put this branch in to a situation where it would look at its natural’s best. Doing this experiment gave me a better idea of how to draw the leaves on the stems the original pattern provided.

Taking my own photographs of these leaves and there form was a great opportunity to do some realistic drawings that capture what I want to be used in my experimental designs. Changing the leaves does change the image and pattern but I think it is for the better as my designs have a better aspect to them.




No comments:

Post a Comment