Thursday 5 April 2012

Stainglass Windows...

When looking through my images from my visit to the MOSI, I came back across the images I had taken of stainglass windows. These originally stood out to me in the museum because they seemed more contemporary when in contrast with the old machinery, they reflected light into the room and added extra colour and detail. I like how this piece uses a natural resource to help create light in different areas of the window reflecting unique shapes and differing colours. I attempted to do a painting of the bottom half of the stainglass window using Gouche paints, looking at the results now I think the paints were very thick and without the light shining through it's hard to create this same effect with the type of paints I used. Using light is definately something I will keep in the back of my head when experimenting, the possibilities with light could be endless.


No comments:

Post a Comment