Thursday 5 April 2012

Wear and Tear...

After coming across the 3 images that intrigued me I began to think about what I wanted to take further throught what stood out to me the most, this being the restored door. Restoring something old and making it new takes away it's age, detail and history bringing some of this back especially with Unit X being on old school/new school Manchester seems the right direction to proceed. I like the concept of revealing some of Manchester's history, I'm going to start this by looking at restoration, wear and tear, old verses new and ageing something. I will use the resources of the visual library and slides aswell as the special collections, I will also maintain my own photos that show wear and tear and images of Manchester that I may use. To start this off I went around Manchester taking photographs but none really grabbed my attention, so on a visit to Hotspur House I found that this was the perfect oppurtunity and place to take photographs of wear and tear and a place of Manchester that's still ongoing and in a way could use restoration itself.



No comments:

Post a Comment