Saturday 28 April 2012

Foiling...

I've used foiling before but it was on different fabircs, so this time I wanted to try it out on different media's. On fabrics when doing foiling right it comes up a solid images as I wanted mine to be broken up I put the foil glue randomly so the foil would come up more ripped.

I tried my first foil experiment on a plastic wallet, as the glue didn't sink into the media like it would with fabrics it just sat on top making it hard to dry quick enough with the foil, it had to be left quite a while. Even when leaving it a while once I removed the foil only certain areas stuck, in a way this is good as it stuck randomly and worked well with the theme of wear and tear however I expected more to stick. What works well with this experiment and media used is that the wallet still has its function of holding a4 pieces of paper meaning I can change what goes inside of it.

My 2nd experiment with foil was applying it on top of coloured plastic. Even though it worked better than the wallet it still was solid enough. I like how the edges of this experiment stuck and created an edge. When walking over an area it is always the centre that wears down first so this experiment works well and fits in to what I wanted to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment