Saturday 28 April 2012

Experimental foil...

When experimenting with foil, I always thought something was missing this being that the colour of the media underneath the foil did not work well with the reflective foils. From my first light experiment I liked the contrast between the wear and tear with the see through material of acetate and clear plastics, so I revisited this doing the foiling ontop of acetate and glass.

The acetate experiment was randomly placed aubergine coloured foil. With acetate I expected the areas that did not have foil to be clear, well clear enough to see straight through it. But it is slightly blurry that is why I tried glass hoping it would be clearer. The image below is of the glass experiment.


The glass was done using the same colour foil and done using a glue stick as glass couldn't be put under the heat press. Using a glue stick makes the marks more randomly placed and makes it look more worn. The results was still the same as the acetate one, it is still blurry but the glass holds structure, turning over the glass experiment I was surprised to see that underneath had created a silver texture that looks trapped by the glass. With this texture being under the glass, this would be a perfect solution for a flooring to be walked over with the worn already created.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment