Saturday 28 April 2012

Re-evaluating so far...

Looking through all of my sketchbook, I think some ideas that worked really well are being forgtten about. I am now at the point where I've got 3 weeks left on this project and the initial ideas and key points need to be finalised and visualised to an outcome, not one yet but a few.

Looking through my sketchbook my first idea that I'm gonna continue to work with is the experiments I did using foam board, cellophane and coloured plastics. I really like how the colours reflected with the light, it stood out to me and I'm gonna take this further. To develop it further I'm gonna look a making 3-d structures using the same materials and maybe try reflections with aluminium foils and mirrors, just push this idea because I think it works.

The wear and tear light experiment my first one, I think needs modernising. This is what I want to work at, considering glass containers adding ripped experiments to them. I like the use of electronic lighting in the dark it brings a piece alive, making it more modern would seem more appropriate for the new building.

My last idea that I want to continue improving is the use of foil. The foil just as a reflective material fits in so well, it creates amazing wear and tear and is a modern material. I think I haven't pushed what the foil can do yet, there's more to come from it.

These are my 3 main key ideas that I am going to take on and improve over the next 3 weeks. All these ideas have stemed from the same place, whatever the outcome it is going to positioned in a new formed modern fully functioning building this I need to remember. Is my outcome going to have a purpose or is it going to be a part of just the building like the stairs or a window??

No comments:

Post a Comment