Saturday 26 January 2013

Small scale experiments...

 
Before I get ahead of myself and start thinking about using colour, I want to start with small scale black and white drawings that are small selections from the chosen floral design before I begin to make larger drawings. Because some of the selections have smaller detail, I decided to draw them out using needle and black thread. I haven’t sewn drawings in a while so each drawing did take a lot of time but some of the results were worthwhile.

            I decided to add a few fields down before sewing onto them to give them shadow and a little bit of extra detail. To create these fields I used black ink and applied it to the paper in different ways, stripes, random and splatter. These experiments did work to add extra detail so I tried one small scale experiment using coloured ink splatter then blown onto it through a straw creating a random splatter pattern. The overall experiment was successful but the colour choice could be re-thought and the scale could be larger.


No comments:

Post a Comment