Saturday 26 January 2013

Full Floral Design...


As I did like my end results of the small scale experiments, I thought it would be time to try out the floral design as a whole larger, but just in black thread on a white background. As I am just using black thread on a white background there will be no distractions from the floral design so I want the sewn drawing to be perfect. For the top of the flower pollen stem I wanted to use the bullion knot technique but I had no thicker black thread so as a resort I hole-punched black foam board and sewn these onto the design and the last resort did not turn out so bad, in fact, I may continue to use this in my other designs. Once I had finished sewing the full floral design, I was really impressed with my first attempt at sewing this floral design out, it however, is very time consuming but the results make it worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment