Saturday 26 January 2013

Circle Formats...


As I was impressed with how the circle formats that I have been experimenting on were working out, I decided to continue using this format but this time experimenting with needle and thread, like I did earlier on in the project. The first one I did using just black thread and as all the others done in this media, it worked wonderfully. Because of the circle format, it seems to capture the right amount of detail and I am left with the right amount of space.

            My next experiment was about adding colour so I used coloured thread and chose the colour purple this time. The relationship between the green and purple colour is lovely, nothing sticks out, and it works well as a whole.

            Now, this experiment is one of my favourite ones so far. I did not apply the colour in this specific way but how it looks works astonishing well with the black threaded outline. The painting and drawing of these experiments are very quick and added the thread takes up a lot of time but the contrast between the roughly applied watercolours and the structure of the black thread, connect with each other to create this sample, which has worked the best for me so far. These samples are on a small scale and do work well, but if they were to be bigger would they work out as well, even if they were to be slightly bigger?

No comments:

Post a Comment