Saturday 26 January 2013

Adding Colour...


To start off using colour in my design work, I decided to create a copy of one of the previous designs that was completed and drawn out using black thread but change the black thread to different coloured threads. I associated the different colour threads to the expected colours seen daily in flowers and leaves. For the flower colour, I wanted to use something strong and vibrant and decided to use the colour red because it would complement the 2 different shades of green used for the leaves. As the threads I was using for this experiment were thick enough, for the pollen buds, I used yellow thread and used the Bullion techniques and this worked well and gave this experiment a 3-d result. I do like this layout as a singular image but as my outcome will be a furnishing fabric, I would like to create a repeated pattern or a pattern that can be continuous in a line. This experiment could be taken further if I found a way of repeating it. I would also experiment with different colours and how colour would be applied, whether it would have colour inside of the thread, have no thread but it would just be painted or whether colour and black thread would work.

No comments:

Post a Comment