Saturday 26 January 2013

Marbling Print...


My other experimental designs have worked out well but I think they lack some sort of extra detail, so I thought back to when I did the smaller scale samples using different background fields and thought I could try and recreate that but on a larger scale with more of the floral design. The field I decided to work with was created by using marbling inks and not to go over board and explode it with colour I decided to stick to the 2 colours of black and silver. Once I had printed using the marbling inks and it had dried, I sewn the floral design over the top in black thread, where the patterned silver printed ink areas are the designs looks well-presented and clear but where the darker black printed ink areas of the design it becomes harder to see and make out which deflects from the design. This sample was something good to experiment but isn’t something I would take on further, maybe in colour but not like this experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment