Saturday 26 January 2013

Linda Florence...

 
I have found a designer that fits right into this category of floral designs, I have come across her work before but for a completely different reason, her name is Linda Florence. Linda Florence’s work is beautiful, everything from the pattern to the scale to her colour choices are stunning. Some of her floral designs can be simple and elegant whereas others can be exquisite and intricate with a graphic edge however, no matter which design of hers I am looking at, it shows the effort that goes into colour selection as all of her work colour co-ordinates and works harmoniously. Not only am I fond of her work due to all of the reason above but also that she applies a twist to some of her wallpaper designs, she gives her wallpaper; function. Linda Florence gives some of her wallpaper designs layers of life, underneath one layer is another and to get to the one below the artists or the lucky owner of the wallpaper would have to scratch away the existing top layer, to reveal a brand new colourful design. This would make decorating a lot easier! If Linda Florence’s wonderful wallpapers were for purchase, she has essentially created a connection of interaction between her designs and her audience, something I consider hard to create. Even though I love Florence’ work this is something I would work towards aiming or trying to aim and not begin with. If I was to take anything from Linda Florence’s work and hope to use in my work is her colour choices, it doesn’t take over her design and it is applied with thought.



No comments:

Post a Comment