Thursday 10 January 2013

Locating: Bradford College Textile Archive: Live Brief 1...

For this unit, Locating, I have been given the right to choose which live projects I want to work on and how I split the designated time between my chosen 3. I have decided to choose 3 live projects and split the time at 4 weeks for one and 2 weeks for the other 2 live projects. The 4 week live project I have chosen to do is the project from Bradford College, it entails designing a furnishing fabric that can be created from any process or technique. It must be based on a Textile piece from the Bradford College’s Textile Archive; however elements of it can be change to become anything.
           This submission includes 2 x A1 mounted boards that show my development from the original archive sample to my finished design; all of the production details should be clearly stated.
            I have chosen this live project as my starting point as it gives me the opportunity to transform something already given, it also gives me the time to experiment and play around with colour, texture, scale and pattern. I would like to focus this project on experimenting mainly with colour, seeing how different colour can change an image.
            After looking over the 12 given samples from the Bradford Textile Archive, I decided to choose the sample created and posted by Shelagh. It is a floral design that uses light and shadow to create different shades of colour, the only colours used is green, black and a lighter shade of green. The floral design is nicely presented and the main detail is central in the design, this is the area I may concentrate on.
Bradford Textile Archive sample for design inspiration

My first instincts to what I may change and alter are definitely the colour, the process and the scale. I would like to keep the detail of the floral design similar because I think it is lovely but may re-structure its positioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment