Wednesday 18 January 2012

Experimenting

 This piece above was created by folding the thin cotton in half and rolling it up, then wrapping elastic bands around. I hoped this experiment would give me a symmetrical pattern and this piece did. It also reminds me of pillars by the way they stand together. What fascinates me about this sample is the change in colour for each pillar, the middle being the lighest and the left hand side one being the darkest.
 This sample was created by rolling the bottom left hand corner to the top right hand corner and then tightening cable ties around it, leaving the same reasonable amount of space inbetween each cable tie. I found that using cable ties gives off a better thickness of line and makes the line more visable.
This sampke was created by folding the thin pink cotton material over 4 times and attaching it altogether with metal paper clips. It isn't the paper clip marks that grab my attention, it's the outline darker areas that reminds me of a window.

No comments:

Post a Comment