Wednesday 18 January 2012

Bricked Sufflok Puffs

 The use of bricks printed on fabric came from a drawing I did in my sketchbook. The prints were made using foam letters, each piece of fabric had different coloured bricks, the bricks are also made out of different paints. The sample above is printed using Gouche paints and organza strips.
 This sample is made out of black organza with watercolour bricks printed on top. The watercolours were too thin to create think undistrubed bricks.
 This is green silk with Gouche bricks printed on top. I think the colours work well togther and the gouche paints give off a thick structure making the brick pattern stand out alot more.
This material is called Tarlatan Cotton and has like a grid like pattern already there, so adding printed bricks out of Acrylic paints made this piece look natural, especially with the grid like pattern already there the bricks look genuine. The colours abit bright but there are buildings out there that show this type of orange. I tried this experiment out on more materails aswell using different combinations of paints. I also tried this out but then made the material into Suffolk Puffs to see if the paint would hold or whether the fabrics would hold there shape with pant on them. I tried this out with my own dyed material too.

No comments:

Post a Comment