Wednesday 18 January 2012

Experimenting with elastic bands

 This sample was created by taking a long strip of thick white cotton and rolling it up tight and then wrapping around elastic bands to hold it in place. I made sure that the elastic bands were straight so that the line was thick enough to be seen. The section you can see below is the only part of the material that dyed I think it was because the material was thick and wrapped too tightly. The parts that have been dyes remind me of etchings I've seen on buildings.

 This sample was created by piching up some of the material and tying round elastic bands and repeating this process until there is no more material left. I expected to find white thin lined circles but instaed got this pattern. This pattern immediately made me think of Suffolk puffs but also fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment