Thursday 18 April 2013

College One: Thursday 18th April 2013 - Tutorial...

Today's tutorial was about all of us who had chosen DACA coming together and explaining our thoughts and ideas on what workshops we would like to run or be involved with. Everyone who turned up to the tutorial had to explain their workshop idea, once we had been through the class, it had turned out that everyone's idea could connect up to create one big workshop that could be presented to the students over the delivery period of 2 weeks, maybe just afternoon sessions one day a week, as I know most including me are very interested in work-shadowing the teachers. I would also like to shadow a pupil as well.

As a group, we decided that we would like to ask the students what they would want to do before finalizing any workshop plans as we want them to gain out of this experience as much as we will.

Claire has told us about some questions and queries to keep in the back of my mind when considering a workshop. What would I want to have at the end of this workshop? A finished piece, sketchbook bursting with experimental drawings, sculpture etc. What is achievable in the time-frame given? At the moment, I am very aware that time is a factor and is slowly running out. I find a 2 week delivery period reasonable, therefore this gives me just over 2 weeks to sort out my workshop idea or help out with someone else's depending on how it will out. To bear in mind that the delivery will be quick so challenge them, be innovative and different. I would like to show the students the difference in expectations from GCSE's to University, however, I have already heard that the talent is amazing, I may learn something from them. Be confident in the classroom and stay in control but be professional.

I would like to evaluate every step of the way through this experience as it is an opportunity to take advantage of. I will document and evaluate through my blog.

In tutorial some other people in the group mentioned giving the students options of workshops in which they would choose from but I disagree. I understand that keeping the students involved is a high priority and giving them the choice of choosing a workshop would achieve this but I would like to challenge them. Being given the option, they may choose something there confident at or have done a million times before, taking away choice challenges them in my opinion.

After discussing working in groups, I think this may work positively in creating a workshop that suits all our expectations and interests but also the students as it will have more that one person working on it, which equals more ideas, more attention which could lead to a better workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment