Thursday 11 April 2013

College One: Postponed Tutorial/Phone call Tutorial...

Today was mean't to be my first tutorial back after the Easter break and it did not go to plan. I was determined to go to this tutorial because even after re-reading the brief, I was still confused over what I am mean't to be getting on with. Today's tutorial was postponed and this got me worried about where to actually start so Claire decided to give me a phone call tutorial which was extremely helpful. After speaking to Claire and everything becoming slightly clearer, I now have a starting point.

My starting point is going to be what inspired me the most throughout my art career and this was a lesson that I had previously mentioned in another blog post from Foundation. My Foundation year was the best year in education, it was experimental, information and most of all fun and interesting, completely different to how I perceived A-levels to be. The starting point will be focused on a workshop based on drawing in the speed of music. This may not be how the workshop will end up but I think it is a wide idea to begin with. I think my entire workshop, no matter how it turns out, will be based on the idea and theme of 'changing the way the students would normally work'. I may experiment with drawing techniques, mixed media, time and space. All of these concepts will take me a while to experiment with and find the right combination for the students that will attend the workshop, if it is good enough!

I want to push the students out of their comfort zones. I know many students get this opportunity in their A-level classes or foundation courses but I want the students I teach to be prepared for this already because I know it hit me hard. I enjoyed experimenting and learning a lot of new things, I never enjoyed being pushed and dragged out of my comfort zone but I was always pleasantly surprised with the results.

I am going to start by experimenting with drawing with music. I need to experiment with different speeds of music and see the outcomes and see the change in technique and depth. I also need to figure out the perfect sound trach for the students at DACA as they are younger than me and will have different taste in music, I want something that most students would be familiar with. I also need to experiment with what media's would work best and also the technique, time-management and size of the paper that would suit certain tasks. I will do all this by physically trying them all out. It sounds like a lot of experimenting but it also sounds like a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment