Thursday 18 April 2013

College One: Possible Workshop Ideas...

Re-thinking over what important lessons that have inspired me since Foundation turned out to be easier than I had thought. Even though I have mentioned some experiments about different drawing techniques and various ways of approaching drawing, there is still a lot more to consider.

One lesson that stood out to me at the beginning of my university course was when I was asked to do a 24-hour drawing, which I had to then deconstruct. I like this idea for my workshop. It challenged not only my drawing skills but my patience, confidence, time-management, media judgement and my approach towards such a different task. For this too work as a workshop for and the students I would change the allotted time given, shortening it down a lot, as there is not much time delivery. I would re-arrange the time for maybe 3-5 hours for the drawing. The drawings will be based on images/objects etc that they would have already be looking at for their work that lies under the themes given. Each small drawing will become a part of one big drawing, each small drawing will be done using different drawing techniques and different approaches to media. This is where all my testing will become needed. Some students may not like the outcome but some may, it is irrelevant as it will then be deconstructed. After spending 24-hours on mine, I was angry to be then told to destroy it, however, the final outcome after deconstructing it was much improved. This stage is where the students can become creative, roles are reversed, this is where students who like to work 3-dimensional can apply their skills.

24-hour drawing

Drawing after deconstruction

This is just one workshop idea that has really come together! It would also work as a group idea, other people who chose DACA could apply there knowledge to ways the students can apply there drawing skills. Someone in tutorial mentioned, making their own paint from unsuspecting materials such as leaves and rust. This idea as a group could work really well but I do know other people in my tutor group that have similar workshop ideas to this, so maybe we could work together?    

No comments:

Post a Comment