Saturday 27 April 2013

College One: Catch up on possible workshop idea...

As I have been doing volunteering at Z-arts, I had to miss this weeks opportunities to be at DACA, although I missed 2 work-shadowing days and one practical and informal meeting with Louise, I have kept up to date with valuable information through Denise and through the Facebook page that was created. After missing Friday's meeting, I rang Denise, who then informed me of a possible workshop idea that is going to be discussed further on Monday.

The possible workshop idea is a collaborative response to various students ideas. It involves the students making their own paint from unsuspecting sources such as rust, grass, sticks etc, the paint sources will then be filtered into balloons and hung above a large canvas. The students (I assume) will then pop their own balloons to creative an obscure collaborative piece. I am extremely excited by the prospect of doing this workshop, it will help the students comprehend the concept of teamwork, working with university students may help them focus and consider going on to university and it will fit into their coursework practice that they have already started. It also gives me (College One) the chance to explore the idea of a workshop and all it entails, including: costs, space, time-management and number of students we could handle, all which could be problematic.    

No comments:

Post a Comment