Saturday 27 April 2013

College One: Drawing whilst moving...


In Foundation, I was given a homework task that involved drawing what I see whilst walking. I remember this take so visibly as I found it embarrassing to do as well as pointless. I found it pointless as my drawings did not look anything like what I had seen but it was an experience that records a journey. I bring this task up now as one of the teachers from DACA was very keen on the volunteers (College One) taking the students out of the school and out of their comfort zones. This task would do this!


The issue that is holding me back from this being my workshop is how would it fit into their current projects of Obscure/Inbetween but maybe the drawings can be viewed as obscure themselves. They capture and record a story. a journey but because the drawings are not finished perfect pieces of art work, they become an obscure map of some sort. Would this make a valuable workshop for a handful of students from DACA, students that are willing to experiment?


No comments:

Post a Comment