Sunday 20 November 2011

 For a drawing task we was asked to create a 1 metre drawing that was in relation to my Sleuths, Spies and Lies project. My was Tatton Park so in my drawing I put elements of areas and images that I had seen through Tatton Park's Mansion and Gardens.
 After taking my drawing to class, we was given another task which included deconstructing the drawing we had done and then reconstructing it back together using only 2 deconstruct/reconstruct words. My chosen words were: slash and layers. Beginning this task was difficult especially when destroying something I knew too me a long time to make. To get over this worry, I began to slash certain areas of the drawing and rip each part seperate. I clashed areas and put the pattern I created on the back so the lines shown through, I also used the line, triangle shape on a 3-d aspect I created over the top. Putting all the seperate pieces back together was difficult as I never thought it looked better but overall I was happy with the result. Even though it could be improved I looked at this task a purely experimental and treated it this way. Limiting the amount of deconstruct/reconstruct words was a challenge and made the experiment more enjoyable and for me free, even though it was limited.
After reconstructing my drawing, this area of it stood out mainly because of the 3-d element it contains. Constructing this shape and form was fairly easy and involved layering up strips and attaching them together and using hand-stitch I did a running stitch and pulled it together slightly creating a 3-d look, which works really well with the lined pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment