Sunday 6 November 2011

My Large Drawing

 For a homework drawing task I was asked to create a 1 metre by 1 metre, drawing that relates to my project of Tatton Park. I found it very difficult beginning as it was just such a big piece of plain white paper, so I decided to get out my sketchbook and start with a drawing from a primary photo. As I was asked to just use black and white media I decided to go with drawing steps that led up to a room in a building in Tatton Park. I used a media that i was unfamaliar with and that was pastels and decided to go with it and was happily surprised with the result.
 These were based on some samples that I made, they were made out off string and masking tape turned inside out. As I used string on the samples, I decided to use string on my drawing to. I layed out the string and positioned it in the same way as I seen it and paint over it using black and white paint. I think using string was a good idea as it already held the aspect of line.

 This part of the drawing was created using negative space from a sample I created in hand processes. I created this using handstitch, it was black thread on white fabric and I reversed it on this drawing to coincide with the negative space. The sample looked creepy when it was finished and reminded me off spiders.

 The drawing on the top right hand side was done using a drawing technique I was taught in one of the lessons and this was Blind Drawing. Blind drawing is basically looking at what your drawing and draw it on the paper without looking at what your drawing. I used Blind Drawing when drawing my tracing paper sample.
This is my overall drawing. I added the ink after I finished it as it looked too neat and organised. I think my drawing could of been improved as everything can be, but I like it. Especially because it included a range of media and techniques and explores through all areas of Tatton Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment