Monday 31 October 2011

These were detailed light switches that were positioned around the house, fairly lower to the ground than what we would see now, this is what caught my eye when looking at them.
This was a candle stick holder that was attached to the wall, it stood out to me because they looked extravagent, they were set out on either side of a cabinet-symmetrically.

This drawing was based on some servants bells that were positioned around the house, I noticed there was a lot of these around the house. There was an engraving on each of the servants bells but I wasn't really sure what it was, but it intrigued me why it was there. Does it have some significance that I'm unaware of? Or was it for decoration?
These two drawings were sketches I made from the house. The drawing that involves colour was of curtains that drew my eye because of the thick ropes that held them together.
The drawing of the four different cups was done when looking at the dining room layout, each cup was used for a different drink. There was even a table in the dining room that was specifically used for warming up the port glasses as port in them days was perferrably drank warm. There must of been a lot of time and effort gone into the presentation of the dining room table, the amount that doesn't compare on any scale to mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment