Monday 31 October 2011

String Experiments

These experiments were created using only string and masking tape. I turned the masking tape inside out and wrapped it around an object and then wrapped the string around it, strong enough to hold the shape but not too strong so that it can't come off the object.
 I created 3 samples all different sizes and shapes. At this stage I didn't want the experiments to fit into the Neo-Classical theme in the Tatton Mansion, I just wanted to create an object or container that could just hold something and these samples delivered this.
 These samples contain; structure, design, shape and flexibility due to the masking tape. I'm fairly impressed with how these samples turned out but I think they could of been made stronger so it's shape would of been held more but i think this is because of the materials I used. I wonder what other materials I could of used that would of held the shape more?

No comments:

Post a Comment