Monday 31 October 2011

Shuna Rendel's Work

 I've known about Shuna Rendel's work from visiting an exhibition in the Oldham Gallery titled "The 62Group exhibition. At A Tangent". I found her work fascinating and researched more of her work aswell as others from the 62group.
 This piece of Shuna Rendel's work caught my eye and related to being a container of some sort and created a connection with having a 3d object and holding some sort of object inside it. Most of the work looks like it uses natural materials.
This piece stands out more than the others to me, I think it's mainly the presentation and the structure of the actual piece. The materials used look natural and also look flexible. Using flexible materials opens up oppurtunities of experimenting more and creating something unique and structural. I would consider this piece to be for decorative purposes as from what I can see it doesn't have a physical or active purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment