Monday 31 October 2011

Experimenting with cable ties

 During tutor I noticed that some people doing Hand Processes have been using unusual materials to create objects and cable ties caught my eye, so i decided to do a few experiments that used these unusual materials. The experiment above was about creating a 3d object that was held together by the cable ties and it succeeded but I think they look tacky, especially with the calico material I used. If I changed the material, would I even like this experiement?
 This experiment was about taking the first experiment and turning it inside out and seeing what that created and whether it looks better than the original. I think from the inside view it does but from the outside it just looks like a plain pice of material that has been moulded into a shape.
This experiment was about adding abit of colour and seeing whether it works better with colour or original black and white. If I was to do this again I would use black cable ties, I think colour distracts the eye off the acual structure and concept of this piece being a container of some sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment