Monday 31 October 2011

Sivan Royz's Work

 After hitting a block when making my project relate more to one thing that I saw in Tatton Park, I spoke to my tutor and decided to focus on an artist image that stood out to me and Sivan Royz work did. Looking at these images I created a connection with hiding valuables as shown here and the aspect of valuables been hidden in the mansion and the library cabinets being locked. Back then books were considered very valuable and they kept them safe by locking them away.
 
 Even some objects in the house were stored on beems on the ceiling. What would I consider valuable? Would storing my valuables up high guarantee it's safety? No, but what would guarantee it, would be if they were hidden in something that looked regular. Could this be done, especially with it's specific theme of Neo-Classical?
All of these images have elements in common that make them relate to me but also relevant to what I may want my final piece, maybe to contain. These elements include; shape, texture, line, layers, structure and design. After looking at a collection of Sivan Royz's work, this piece above stands out more than the others due to the materials used and this piece holds the question on whether it can hold something or whether it contains something in the picture? Some of Royz's other pieces show this blatantly whcih makes me question this specific piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment