Monday 13 May 2013

College One: Blog Focus- Learning...


Throughout this opportunity of work experience, I have felt my confidence grow. As this Unit has been about planning workshops and all it involves, the practical side has been limited. Drawing, experimenting and using sketchbooks has usually been a visual way for me to document my projects throughout university, not using them to demonstrate my experience has been hard. On the other hand, I have found using blogger on a daily basis has become a part of my regular routine and it has helped my be more descriptive and thoughtful when reporting my days events.

Planning our chosen workshop from the beginning was vague as I missed the original proposal because I did some volunteering at Z-arts. I was informed of the initial idea after and even though I agreed it was a great idea, the details I was given were limited but it was the very start of the workshop. We had group meetings where we discussed the workshop and how the day would run and everyone contributed. I do not think there was any disagreements but I do think some of the group were heard more than others. If everyone had slightly different ideas, the idea chosen was down to the group majority. I found putting the PowerPoint together was difficult, we all met to do this but as it did not get fully finished that day, each took it home and individually worked on it, some of us then brought it back and areas of each were put into one. Only my images from my PowerPoint were selected which was fine but I would of liked some of the text on the artists to have been used as I thought it gave out concept more meaning and contextual references. This was still used but it was not evident on the PowerPoint.

Working at DACA has been an amazing experience so far. It has helped me develop a realistic idea on how a teacher's life is ran daily and what hinders they encounter, as well as the benefits. What I found encouraging about my experience at DACA was the children's gratitude of my help and this was an wonderful feeling. The hindrance I found in some of my classes was one or two disruptive students but with one to one attention they settled down rather quick.   

Working with people from different fields in Art has been beneficial in demonstrating how different we plan and work. I consider myself an organised person and without having a plan set in stone or hard evidence of what I am going to say and do, I am out of my comfort zone and this Unit has definitely proved this. Others in the group can leave things to the last minute but that unsettled me, it has been an experience working this way and it has improved my confidence but I prefer working more prepared which is why I felt more at ease on the second run of the workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment