Thursday 16 February 2012

Even though I have done printing before, I had never done monoprinting this way. It was good to try out a new technique that was quick and simple to do. I first started off by doing simple mark making shapes that I had found in some of my primary photos of detail in architecture.
This was a monoprint of a grid like shaped detail that was found on a side buildng near the university. I found the detail intriguing as it was part of the building but looked modern and therefore stood out. This detail holds shape, structure and curves which I don't normally look at.
Even though we was asked by the tutor for in the first lesson to just do monoprinting mark makings to get used to using the manutex and ink, I decided I wanted at least one decent drawn't monoprint that had specific relevance to a building in my primary photos. After printing what I had drawn't I was pleasantly surprised with the results. I really like the boldness of the lines and because of how the manutex printed it created elements of light in areas, making this piece beautifully constructed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment